Pandaaa

2014-02-05bRagexe seems doesnt read files from data folder

Question

currently adding a customs items, using a 2014-02-05 Client (its fine), edited the Data/luafiles512/lua files/datainfo files for adding custom items with each IDs and also edited the idnum2item(display/resname)table.txt and the idnum2itemdesctable.txt for the items descriptions and name then tried to get the item inside the game.. it gives me different item (apple)

10 answers to this question

currently adding a customs items, using a 2014-02-05 Client (its fine), edited the Data/luafiles512/lua files/datainfo files for adding custom items with each IDs and also edited the idnum2item(display/resname)table.txt and the idnum2itemdesctable.txt for the items descriptions and name then tried to get the item inside the game.. it gives me different item (apple)

2014 clients read System/itemInfo.lub

2014 clients read System/itemInfo.lub

How about the accname.lua and accessoryid.lua from the lua files inside the data folder

By default they read the .lub versions.

but still reads the lub version at data/luafiles514\lua files?

Not sure whether it reads data folder or grf first. You can diff it with nemo patcher to choose these options.

Not sure whether it reads data folder or grf first. You can diff it with nemo patcher to choose these options.

well i diff it using nemo with a read data folder first.. so it will read the luafiles at the data folder right? but how come i get apple/unknown items 

(I already edited the System/itemInfo.lub) with their right view id

Unknown item is usually itemInfo problem

Also make sure itemInfo.lub is in RO/System/ folder and not in RO/data/System/ neither in GRF,

Unknown item is usually itemInfo problem

Also make sure itemInfo.lub is in RO/System/ folder and not in RO/data/System/ neither in GRF,

The lub file i edited is at RO/System/ still give me unknown items and also i intend to create an error line in data/luafiles514/lua files/datainfo/accname&accessoryid then launching the client the client still works..

Have you double checked your syntax and such? If you are getting unknown item it usually means one of two things.

1. Your ID is not matching that in your item_db.conf.

2. Your itemInfo is not arranged properly.

Have you checked there is not another itemInfo your client is trying to read?

[501] = {
unidentifiedDisplayName = "Item Name",
unidentifiedResourceName = "name_of_sprite_in_grf",
unidentifiedDescriptionName = {
"This is a description.",
 },
identifiedDisplayName = "Item Name",
identifiedResourceName = "name_of_sprite_in_grf",
identifiedDescriptionName = {
"This is a description.",
},
slotCount = 0,
ClassNum = 0
},    

Be sure they are in grf, I guess data folder for luafiles514 doesn't work, also thet should be in .lub and not .lua