Sign in to follow this  
Beret

Paid Server

Well this feature is much more ancient was never implemented in an emulator.

This system sets the time in which the player has access to the server for example:

18:54:50

in this case above I have 18 hours 54 minutes and 50 seconds of server access.

- When that time runs out even me being online I will be disconnected from the server.

- When character is offline time is not counted, only counts the time in which the character is online in game.

gtfo.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the same packet working other types of restrictions that are they:

1 - maintenance = Here you must block access to the server allowing only GM.

2 - over 18 = Here is to check the age of the player for him to have access if it has 18 years or more.

3 - paying = here is to check if the player has and how much credit he has time before being kicked from the server. If the time ends and he is online will be kicked from the server and a message will be displayed that he need more credits.

4 - P2P = Here is the server in free mode. 

I find it interesting that the implementation of this system, because players who help with a donation to the server could have access to a paid server, which could be determined the time by the administrator for example:

2013-10-10 18:54:50

In this case above the player has 30 days of access to the paid server.
Edited by Beret

unix timestamp seems like a better approach than doing 2013-10-10 18:54:50

Where is this 18:54:50 saved Beret? Feel like it would have to be in the login table.

Reference topic, since you cared to post the image without attribution.

tl;dr: The system is implemented, just does not work in real-time (you just get prevented from logging-in, but are not kicked as long you are in-game). It was not implemented the way it should be, because people were hysterically afraid, that all emulators would turn pay-to-play.

Edited by Ai4rei