Reins

Need Client Setting Together with WPE Free Support

Question

Hi,

I'm about to finish my stuffs and i got a working client for now 2012-04-10 then, Is there a proper or needed diff setting for the client to enable this stuffs below? I try to change values seems WPE is still working on the server

// Whether to enable the official packet obfuscation support (good vs WPE)
// 0: disabled
// 1: optional (not recommended) -- identifies whether it is required
// 2: enabled (recommended)
packet_obfuscation: <value>

Thanks, More power to hercules

6 answers to this question

For some clients, it's necessary to customize your own packet keys in order to get that to work since WPE would send the same keys as the official, known packets, so you'll need a diff with an available option to change the packets.

Then, in your server side, go to src/map/packets.h and find your packet ver. If your packetver is 20120410, then search this:

#if PACKETVER >= 20120410packetKeys(0x01581359,0x452D6FFA,0x6AFB6E2E); /* Thanks to Shakto */#endif

and change the packets to te value you want. Note that you'll have to use the same packets in the client AND in the server, otherwise you won't be capable of using that client.

For some clients, it's necessary to customize your own packet keys in order to get that to work since WPE would send the same keys as the official, known packets, so you'll need a diff with an available option to change the packets.

Then, in your server side, go to src/map/packets.h and find your packet ver. If your packetver is 20120410, then search this:

#if PACKETVER >= 20120410packetKeys(0x01581359,0x452D6FFA,0x6AFB6E2E); /* Thanks to Shakto */#endif

and change the packets to te value you want. Note that you'll have to use the same packets in the client AND in the server, otherwise you won't be capable of using that client.

Btw how will i use those hex keys in my client? sorry im just a noob lol

I haven't used that yet, but I suppose you just change them in server side, then with the diff program you use you'll put the client side keys. You can be prompted somewhere for them or whatever, don't know myself ATM and don't have any means of testing it. Sorry.

when you diff your client. uncheck the SkipPacketHeaderObfuscation. and also you need to enable the packet_obfuscation into 2. to make it enable.

What do you mean enable? The WPE Free? If it is then I'll try thanks