Ai4rei

RO Patcher Lite, v4.2.2.1316 - last updated 2023/12/18

Assuming version 4.2.1, 64-bit, is that right? Can you try, if:

1. it crashes with the other platform build? (i.e. if you use 64-bit, try 32-bit and vice versa)
  2. it crashes with recent older versions as well.

Thank you.

Edited by Ai4rei

4 hours ago, Ai4rei said:

Assuming version 4.2.1, 64-bit, is that right? Can you try, if:

1. it crashes with the other platform build? (i.e. if you use 64-bit, try 32-bit and vice versa)
  2. it crashes with recent older versions as well.

Thank you.

Correct, version 4.2.1.1309 listed as latest on your website. Using 64-bit

Tried that version in 32-bit, same issue.

Grabbed 4.1.6.1297 and 4.1.5.1292 in both x32 and x64 varieties and still same issue. When you double click on the exe to run it flashes the file explorer window but nothing else happens. No error, no window, nothing. Also have disabled both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender real time protection, no change.

Hi Ai4rei

I downloaded the full client from rAthena that Akkarin posted over there that I noticed includes your patcher and that works, the patcher opens and works. I notice that it comes with only 4.1.6 so I'll try updating it and see if I have the same issue.

Thanks for your attention.

Interesting. So the very same version did not work by itself, but did as part of the full client package.

Please also check, if there isn't a hung (running but no window) instance in Task Manager. During start it checks whether it needs elevate before starting, so depending on the contents of the folder this check may take longer or get stuck for some reason. That would also explain, why no crash has been logged in event log.