Sign in to follow this  
Oriana

Could Someone Give me Advice on Customizing Game Mechanics for Private Server Development?

Hello Everyone ☺️

I hope you are doing well I am currently working on a server that is private and learning about how to customize game mechanics to improve the user experience. As I start on this trip, I am looking for advice and ideas from the community; particularly those who have already undertaken similar initiatives.

I have a background in software development and have been attracted by gaming dynamics for some time. After researching other private server frameworks; I chose herculean because of its flexibility and the strong community behind it. My goal is to produce a distinct gaming experience that keeps the core of the original while providing new aspects to keep players interested.

• I want to improve NPC interactions to make them more dynamic. What are the best practices for altering NPC scripts to provide more diverse chat options or unique quests? Are there any special functions or scripts in Herculean that help with this?
  • Finding the correct balance between game mechanics is critical for keeping players engaged. I would love to hear your ideas on how to handle this. Are there any specific measurements or player feedback tactics you would propose implementing to adequately assess balance?
  • I am thinking about introducing seasonal events and special in game activities. How can I use Herculean event system to generate intriguing, limited time content?. What are some successful events you have used in your projects?
  • I understand how important player input is for a successful server. How do you collect and analyse input from your player base? How will you prioritise modifications or updates based on this feedback?
  • As I add new features, I want to make sure that performance remains ideal. Are there any unique tools or approaches you employ to profile and optimise performance on a Herculean based server?

Also I explored some topics related to this https://board.herc.ws/topic/22865-new-custom-item-sprite-powerbicourse-not-appearing-when-worn/#comment-122062 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

I am excited to learn from the experiences and perspectives of this community. Any tips; resources; or examples you can provide would be extremely helpful. I am particularly interested in learning about your struggles and triumphs; as well as any mistakes to avoid during the development process.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

I look forward to receiving your replies and, possibly, cooperating with some of you as I continue on this exciting project.😊😊