Sign in to follow this  
hideki6

different daily monsters for everyone

Question

hi is there  a way to setup a npc which requires you to kill every day another monster.

but the clue is it wants every player to kill another monster from the selected monster ids

like player 1 has to kill a poring

player 2 has to kill a raydric and stuff

every new day it should require it to kill another monster

thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

hi is there  a way to setup a npc which requires you to kill every day another monster.

but the clue is it wants every player to kill another monster from the selected monster ids

like player 1 has to kill a poring

player 2 has to kill a raydric and stuff

every new day it should require it to kill another monster

thanks in advance

I think its on the server already, check your npc/custom/quest/hunting_mission 

yeah exactly but i want to decide myself which monsters will be inside it. for example just say only poring monsters, the hunting_mission dont give me an option to choose right?

Maybe you want to use this plugin: getandmob. This way your script will be easier to make.

Most basic sample:

map,x,y,dir script MonsterHunting sprite,{
OnPCLoginEvent: // So that newly logged players can't exploit

if ( lastdate != gettime(8) ) { // gettime(8) returns day of the year. Error margin: if someone logs in again after an exact year.
set mobID, getrandmob(0,99);
set lastdate, gettime(8);
}
dispbottom "Your mob of the day is: " + strmobinfo(1,mobID);
end
}

I assume you know basic scripting for doing the rest of what you want. This, as requested, just picks you a mob that can be different to another player's.

hello, thanks for your reply but is there also a way to just pick one random monster which is lets say mini mvp or mvp? getrandmob just picks all of it without a "filter"

If that's the case, then you'll have to make the filter yourself by filling an array with all the mobs you want to make the player hunt and getting a random position on it.

Credits to @Emistry he posted this on rA

-	script	Sample	-1,{OnInit:// mob id range + target kill rangesetarray .mob_id_range,1001,2000;setarray .mob_kill_count,100,200;end;OnPCLoginEvent:.@gettime = atoi( gettimestr("%Y%m%d",21) );if( .@gettime != #today_mob ){	#today_mob = rand( .mob_id_range[0],.mob_id_range[1] );	#today_mob_count = rand( .mob_kill_count[0],.mob_kill_count[1] );}if( #today_mob_count )	dispbottom "Today you need to kill "+#today_mob_count+"x "+getmonsterinfo( #today_mob,MOB_NAME )+".";end;OnNPCKillEvent:if( killedrid == #today_mob && #today_mob_count ){	#today_mob_count--;	if( #today_mob_count ){		dispbottom "Left : "+#today_mob_count+"x "+getmonsterinfo( #today_mob,MOB_NAME )+".";	}else{		dispbottom "DONE";		getitem 512,1;		getitem 512,2;		getitem 512,3;	}}end;}