PunkBuster

A few things about Rangers

Question

Still modying for classes, need help with Rangers this time.

Is it possible to allow Rangers to use the Warg and the Falcon at the same time? If so, please tell me now.

Also, I want to know how to bypass the limitation for setting traps beneath players and monsters. I want all Hunter classes to be able to set traps beneath monsters and players without limitations.

12 answers to this question

^ if you realy want this to happen,

This are 2 options you can do.
1.add this line to your group.conf

skill_unconditional: true

2.or edit your skill.c and search for this line

case RA_WUGMASTERY:			if( pc_isfalcon(sd) || pc_isridingwug(sd) || sd->sc.data[SC__GROOMY] ) {				clif->skill_fail(sd,skill_id,sd->sc.data[SC__GROOMY]?USESKILL_FAIL_MANUAL_NOTIFY:USESKILL_FAIL_CONDITION,0);				return 0;			}			break;		case RA_WUGSTRIKE:			if( !pc_iswug(sd) && !pc_isridingwug(sd) ) {				clif->skill_fail(sd,skill_id,USESKILL_FAIL_CONDITION,0);				return 0;			}			break;		case RA_WUGRIDER:			if( pc_isfalcon(sd) || ( !pc_isridingwug(sd) && !pc_iswug(sd) ) ) {				clif->skill_fail(sd,skill_id,USESKILL_FAIL_CONDITION,0);				return 0;			}

then remove  pc_isfalcon(sd) || and recompile your server.

yes, if you are using item_db.txt edit 

12848,Falcon_Flute,Falcon Flute,11,0,,0,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,63,2,,,,,,{ if(getskilllv(HT_FALCON)) { if(checkoption(Option_Wug)||checkoption(Option_Wugrider)) end; if(checkfalcon()==1) { setfalcon 0; } else { setfalcon 1; } } },{},{}

replace with

12848,Falcon_Flute,Falcon Flute,11,0,,0,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,63,2,,,,,,{ if(getskilllv(HT_FALCON)) { if(checkfalcon()==1) { setfalcon 0; } else { setfalcon 1; } } },{},{}

or if you are using item_db.conf

Edit

{	Id: 12848	AegisName: "Falcon_Flute"	Name: "Falcon Flute"	Type: 11	Buy: 0	Upper: 63	Script: <"		if(getskilllv(HT_FALCON)) {			if(checkoption(Option_Wug)||checkoption(Option_Wugrider)) end;			if(checkfalcon()==1) {				setfalcon 0;			}			else {				setfalcon 1;			}		}	">},

Replace with

{	Id: 12848	AegisName: "Falcon_Flute"	Name: "Falcon Flute"	Type: 11	Buy: 0	Upper: 63	Script: <"		if(getskilllv(HT_FALCON)) {			if(checkfalcon()==1) {				setfalcon 0;			}			else {				setfalcon 1;			}		}	">},
Edited by sevenzz23

When I am with a Falcon, I cannot use Warg Ride. If I get a Falcon while I am Warg Riding, I cannot unmount from it. How to circunvent this issue?

By the way, when I get a Falcon while riding, it gives me the hunter falcon sprite, not the Ranger one.

If you can have the Warg on the game and the falcon at the same time but your sprites don't show it, I'd rather think that's a client-side limitation, about the sprites. Don't know how to fix that though.

I wanted to know how to bypass the limitation that does not allow traps to be placed directly beneath players and monsters. I posted it on the first post on this thread, but nobody replied to this.

kinda confusing

The only issue left is how to allow traps to be placed beneath players. I know some servers allow this, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I wanted to know how to bypass the limitation that does not allow traps to be placed directly beneath players and monsters. I posted it on the first post on this thread, but nobody replied to this.