Sign in to follow this  
karazu

Maya to 3Ds max to Granny (I cant make the Animation to work)

Question

I am Just going to show this simple Import but no animation yet since Its hard for me..

I am just noob.

Anyways anyone can help me Import Maya to 3Ds Max with animation?

If you have any Idea please help me.
post-2388-0-28844100-1386085135_thumb.jpgpost-2388-0-54627700-1386085138_thumb.jpgpost-2388-0-82793100-1386085142_thumb.jpgpost-2388-0-00192800-1386085147_thumb.jpgpost-2388-0-81567900-1386085151_thumb.jpg

post-2388-0-91759300-1386085154_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

"Not working" means nothing, you have to specify what is your issue exactly. I always have said that people should begin with more easier things before trying the complex things; however, in any case if your animation is not showing up, is probably cause:

• 1 - if it is a custom mob id, the stand animation should be named as [index]_stand.gr2. 
  • 2 - The bones should be grouped and named equaly to the name of the group that carries all the mesh data as the base gr2 file. Otherwise the animation will not work.

There are a lot, but a lot of more issues that can happen. Personally, everytime I try Granny, I find a pair of new things to consider at the time I add an animation in game. Once I feel I've enough material I've investigated or tested I'll do another tutorial.

Edited by Olrox

Thanks for the head sup. my only problem is the fbx file should have the animations already, but when the 3ds max got it the animation is gone.

Also I cannot edit or put animation on a model in 3ds max 2007.

The Bones are kind of Invisible.. 

Edited by karazu

Its only 3Ds Max to Granny

fbx = Maya to 3Ds Max (vice versa)

My Problem is I cannot port Maya Autodesk to 3DsMax with animation so that video is not the answer.

Edited by karazu

At the time you export your FBX you have to enable the -animations- option; ah and btw, WoW animated models have bugs in their animation at the end frame that you must fix manually.

Also, please post in the proper forums. The showcase forum is not the place to ask for support.

Edited by Olrox

ok i will review my work.. ill update this thread later

update: yes we tried, but still not working.... we enabled the animation

Edited by karazu