Sign in to follow this  
PunkBuster

EDP Reducing damage

Question

My players have reported a strange thing to me today. I am running a 255/100 Renewal server which will open soon, and I have some beta players testing stuff on it. They're from our pre-renewal server, and they found a problem with Soul Breaker and EDP skill.

They were damage testing Soul Breaker, and realized that, when they had EDP activated, Soul Breaker did always exactly 1/2 damage.

Exemple: We were doing 5k damage normally, and 2.5k damage with EDP.

That wasn't the only strange issue. Using EDP only increased the damage of Cross Impact by a little bit, like 20 or 30%.

When I saw this, I thought of reverting all the damage nerfs I had in place and testing again. By having it do full damage, the increase of damage was more or less the same.

My theory was that the EXP was increase the damage about 2.5x, but since it applies half damage to both SBK and CI, it was only helping with about 1.2x damage. Iam perfectly fine with this, but the way EDP halves my Soul Breaker damage needs to be fixed. Could it be a problem where SBK isn't being affected by EDP bonus?

Additional information: My server uses pre-renewal cast time formulas, and this has caused me problems in the past(with things like reading skill_cast_db.txt inside the pre-re folder instead of a re folder, while using some other db files from the re folder).

3 answers to this question