Sign in to follow this  
evilpuncker

DATA/GRF comparer

Question

PS: I MEAN THE EXTRACTED GRF, NOT THE GRF ITSELF

I'm here to ask the following... well, first I'll explain why.

My players uses bRO to play my server, they don't want to download and I don't want them to download kRO in order to make them able to use new features (maps, sprites, etc), since bRO is not as updated as kRO (rly?), so I want to ask for a tool that check between two folders, lets say... bRO_data and kRO_data, and it lists the missing files that bRO_data doesn't have and create a patch (new folder) with the missing files, so I can include them in my server installer. I know that there are lots of file/folder comparison tools, but they are kinda a mess :D

btw I want to ask for the option to ignore files by extension (so I can ignore .lua/b and .txt for example) and ignore files with same name but modified content.

thanks in advance and I'm here to answer any question you may have!

Edited by evilpuncker

7 answers to this question

GUI or console?

GUI! xD I've tested the one you said at PM, are you going to do something different? :o

I think you can compare folders with regular comparison programs such as WinMerge.

as I said:

I know that there are lots of file/folder comparison tools, but they are kinda a mess  :D

:P I've tried lots of them including winmerge, but I wanted something more especific to RO

For comparing GRF, a GUI would only be a front-end for rsudiff. For comparing folders/files it would have to be from scratch.

rsudiff did the trick, thanks! solved!