kbandeleon

[QUESTION] set up server using no-ip

Question

10149282_497887973656287_73145902_n.jpg?oh=b91cd9d7b46027772c3972de7e50ef08&oe=53410667&__gda__=1396784413_db6ddc80543766901c63a15f8caeed28

Hi there fellas, i really really need your help.

I want to dive in deep using dynamic dns as server in hosting ragnarok, im very much OK with hamachi connection but then i want to try to use no-ip.com

I just thought that the concept is simple and is very much similar with hamachi like "join network > connect > enjoy"

But then i'm having a bit of a problem with regards to ports. Little did I know that in no-ip.com, they exploit your ip but you need to work on your ports on your side, im having those kinds of configuration above.

as stated above, i have:

1. risktakers.servegame.com

2. my ip is correct using whatismyip.com to double check on that matter: 121.58.247.2

3. I have reconfigured my conf files on server side 

login_ip: risktakers.servegame.com | port: 6900 

char_ip: risktakers.servegame.com | port: 6121

subnet: subnet: 255.255.255.0:risktakers.servegame.com:risktakers.servegame.com (located below)

problems are:

1. I don't know the subnet mask for my network, though I think that it's fine

2. I have the following port forwarding tables, please double check this

Local IP Address Protocol Port Range Comment Select
192.168.10.254 TCP+UDP 6000-7000

3. I know that 121.58.247.2:6900 is incorrect, but for the information of the community, I also tried using 121.58.247.2:8080 as global connection to my computer and 80. (but 80 doesn't fit because I think that it's too exploitation, security risk of course)

4. I don't if this matters but my firewall is on, should I turn it off?

5. I don't know if xampp files are needed to be calibrated like in php.conf.ini, should i add, allows inside the file?

6. are there anymore concerns with regards to connection? because I don't feel like experimenting more on the server side, if we cannot get it right i guess me and my friends will be continuing to rework on the game using hamachi :)

Note: no hard feelings if i didn't get this thing right, I just want to dig deep on other ways :)

PS: don't mind the pictures at the back :)))))))) they're my friends!  :lol:  B)  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mysterious

9 answers to this question

im a little bit confuse with your post. you just want to host your server via local computer and make it only using 3rd party program like no-ip right?

I can do hamachi but i don't want my friends to install any 3rd party software

hoiwever, im just venturing around some ways to connect others through my pc with dynamic ip

i will order one static ip from the isp though

--------------------------

For the sake of playing the game already, i will be using hamachi for now with my friends and i will be also asking here if someone has an experience on setting up noip, can you please teach me how? steps by steps, im poor at networking but very competitive so i can learn fast enough with your guidance

Edited by kbandeleon

for local ip. just put. 192.168.x.x just check the localip address of your computer.

for char-server.conf

// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: localip
// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: risktakers.servegame.com

and for map-server.conf

// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.char_ip: localip
// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: risktakers.servegame.com

for subnet.conf

// Subnet support file// Format is:// subnet: net-submask:char_ip:map_ip// you can add more than one subnet subnet: 255.0.0.0:localip:localip

and for your clientinfo.xml just use the risktakers.servegame.com if the connection is outside the router. but if your going to connect using your computer. just use localip.

and make sure you open port 6900, 5121 and 6121.

google will answer your question regarding on port forwarding guide. because it depends on the model of your modem or router if they are capable to do port forward or not.

just look for the model of your modem or router here.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Ragnarok_Online_Server/default.htm

Edited by bgamez23