Helena

(Paid) Fix Site Slowness

Question

Hello Hercules,

I hope i am posting this in the right section, apologies if i am not.

My problem is as followed. My fluxCP has a very slow connection speed. I've been trying several web-hostsing services: Hostgator, EZPZ and Stablehost but alas so far no good.

Hostgator I no longer want to use due to the long time it takes them to respond to support tickets and when they do answer, the answers are pre-made (and 9/10 time don't answer my question). With EZPZ, despite that when my site's speed was fine, my site was more often offline than online. And with Stablehost pages load extremely slow (15-20 seconds) even on their most expensive plan of $60/m. 

Let me clarify that my pages load fast until I am logged into the CP. Once I log in, the connection speed reduces drastically.

I was told this is due to the high CPU my website's index uses (while I strongly believe it's due to the amount of SQL queries the host needs to progress), here's what they said in my support ticket:

On checking further I see that the index page is consuming a slight high CPU. You can verify this from below details.

root@ams22 [~]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumonview | grep xxxxx
<tr bgcolor=#FFFFFF><td>xxxxx</td><td>xxxxxro.com</td><td>2.30</td><td>0.00</td><td>0.0</td></tr>
<tr><td>Top Process</td><td>%CPU 14.0</td><td colspan=3>lsphp:/home5/xxxxx/public_html/cp/index.php</td></tr>

I have no clue how to fix this so I'm willing to pay someone for it, simply because I don't want to risk to transfer again to a fourth host that doesn't guarantee a good connection speed.

So if someone can help me out please send me a message, like I said I am willing to pay.

Thank you. :)

7 answers to this question

Plan doesn't matter since they give the same speed(just disk space is increased)

(ahh, did I read you purchased webhost, or VPS that has CPanel in it?)

make sure its not your fluxcp which causes the problem, try to use normal fluxcp and check if slowness exist.

Plan doesn't matter since they give the same speed(just disk space is increased)

(ahh, did I read you purchased webhost, or VPS that has CPanel in it?)

make sure its not your fluxcp which causes the problem, try to use normal fluxcp and check if slowness exist.

The enterprise plan of Stablehost (that I am currently using) is a VPS. I had a normal webhost plan with them previously. Between their normal webhost plan and VPS there is little to no difference while I was guaranteed otherwise.

The speed I had with EZPZ hosting (on a normal webhost) was excellent, but as said above, they had too much down time so I was forced to switch. 

I'll install a default/clean fluxCP and report back asap. /ok

I think it's the theme. Which is weird because I don't have any animations, gifs or whatsoever, and it worked fluently on my previous host other than the occassional downtimes.

My offer still counts for anyone who is able to clean it up.

Try setting up cloudflare on your website / control panel. It'll attempt to cache and auto minify your css and images, resulting in faster load times for those kinda things.

When a site is loading slowly, it's usually due to the following issues:

• MySQL connection issues
  • No Caching of resources (css, images, js, etc)
  • No minification of css, js, or html.
  • No Caching of MySQL Queries.
  • Not enough resources on web host / php.ini settings not optimized.

Thanks kisuka, I'll try to set up cloudflare. :)

Okay new update, after some testing with someone of the board we noticed that it's only the GM accounts that are loading slow. Level/Group 0 and 1 are okay, but past 2, it starts to cause slow loadings. That pretty much leads me to think that the sql queries the GM needs to progress are too much...

Okay new update, after some testing with someone of the board we noticed that it's only the GM accounts that are loading slow. Level/Group 0 and 1 are okay, but past 2, it starts to cause slow loadings. That pretty much leads me to think that the sql queries the GM needs to progress are too much...

I am not having slowness issues with my GM accounts, maybe if you check logs, and there's many player online, it can slow down the loading.

I am not having slowness issues with my GM accounts, maybe if you check logs, and there's many player online, it can slow down the loading.

Hm there was like 45 online... is that considered many?

(Cloudflare didnt make a difference btw)

Edited by Helena