Zirius

[ HELP ] Making the OLD payon map as default

Question

Hello bros and sisters! I found this old payon map reso: http://rathena.org/board/files/file/2658-old-payon/

And wish I can make it as my default payon map, (because that reso was designed to run as another payon map).

What I did is simply rename all those files inside from: pay2.gat -> payon.gat (and so on).

But my client is having trouble trying to load the modification giving these errors:

x6k8ly.png

15zkzeo.png

2i8ae09.png

I am not a map guy, but 2nd photos seems like it is still looking for the original file name? why is it so? Why would it want that? are those maps hard coded to run under such file names?

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks!

Edited by Zirius

4 answers to this question

I think your problem is your map's name.. it should be "payon". You cannot rename it unless you edit it using BrowEdit.

I haven't tried this but i think it will work

try to open old payon's file using BrowEdit and save it as "pay2".

Yup. You're a bit right on that! I had the same problem before when I just wanted to rename the map's file... but then it caused conflicts when I loaded it to the server. In order to fix it, try renaming the file when you 'Save As' in BrowEdit.

Keep in mind that new or custom made maps are not hard coded into the server; you manually add them to the server.

I think your problem is your map's name.. it should be "payon". You cannot rename it unless you edit it using BrowEdit.

Yup. You're a bit right on that! I had the same problem before when I just wanted to rename the map's file... but then it caused conflicts when I loaded it to the server. In order to fix it, try renaming the file when you 'Save As' in BrowEdit.

Keep in mind that new or custom made maps are not hard coded into the server; you manually add them to the server.

Also don't forget to do mapcache, to cache the new gat files to the server(to make cells walkable and unwalkable in accordance to mapfile)

Lol. at first I was doubting to use Browedit because the installation instruction is too tidious, but yeah, made it worked, and I have now the old payon as default payon.

Here are the files I modified to it can work, I wanna share these to everybody!

old_payon_replaces_current_payon.zip

Edited by Zirius