Zirius

[ Question ] I need suggestion on how can I "disable" other maps

Question

Hello! This is more of a question or asking for suggestion on how can I make server to only support the oldest 300 maps ( I already have the gat files, etc.).

The latest GIT of Hercules supports almost 1000 maps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Hercules handles maps through 3 files:

1. map_index.txt

2. maps.conf

3. map_cache.dat

Does it mean, if I want my server to only support those 300 maps only, I will need to delete 700 map lines of each file?

Because, that job would be veeerrrryyy tidious, 700 x 3 = ~ 2100, that is almost 2100 lines to be edited LOL.

Question 1. Is there easier way to handle this?

Question 2. What if I don't change map_index.txt & map_cache.dat, Then create a new map_cache.dat using Wee Map Cache maker, put all those 300 .gat map files, and just use that map_cache.dat, will that automatically disable the other 700 maps I won't be needing?

Question 3. Is there a tool, when I create a new map_cache.dat from scratch using wee map cache maker, would automatically generate map_index.txt & maps.conf based on the maps cached?

Thanks in advance and more power!

2 answers to this question

Delete lines from map_index.txt and maps.conf, (and delete the map_cache.dat, and run the mapcache.exe to make new map_cache.dat)

Question 2. What if I don't change map_index.txt & map_cache.dat, Then create a new map_cache.dat using Wee Map Cache maker, put all those 300 .gat map files, and just use that map_cache.dat, will that automatically disable the other 700 maps I won't be needing? 

it would disable but would leave 700 warnings that , mapname was found in maps.conf but is not in map_cache

Question 3. Is there a tool, when I create a new map_cache.dat from scratch using wee map cache maker, would automatically generate map_index.txt & maps.conf based on the maps cached?

No Idea about it.(doesn't WeeMapCache do it?)

Delete lines from map_index.txt and maps.conf, (and delete the map_cache.dat, and run the mapcache.exe to make new map_cache.dat)

Damnit. LOL. Well, I think I better start deleting those 2100 lines now. /sob

it would disable but would leave 700 warnings that , mapname was found in maps.conf but is not in map_cache

That figures. /sob

No Idea about it.(doesn't WeeMapCache do it?)

It only generates map_cache.dat, so map_index.txt and maps.conf has to still be modified manually. /sob

Work, work, work. LOL.

Edited by Zirius