SkyTech6

[Help] Debian Set-Up

Question

I'm not having much luck getting Hercules to install into Debian... I'm using putty and haven't had success any way I attempt it... and the tutorial I followed step by step.. no results or errors came up in attempts.

2nalo20.jpg

Perhaps someone wouldn't mind getting on Skype and helping me? :(

Edited by SkyTech6

5 answers to this question

Thanks to everyone who posted in this. 

My error was (aside from switching my login ip between 3306 [wrong] and 6900

) was the fact s1 and p1 were still set in the login table. Thanks to ossi I now have a program to edit tables easily and fixed it. 

Thanks again everyone.

I'm on phone right now, but maybe this will help you:

www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/760276-how-to-manage-file-and-folder-permissions-in-linux

You should have permissions in your home folder by default (I think, not Linux expert), dunno how you don't. You should add proper read, write and execute permissions on your home.

Well that worked to an extent.... here's my new problem

v8lj7m.png

Note I'm on my non-root user "skytech" so I don't understand why the error is saying something about root?

UPDATE: 

I got further haha.... found database and everything but got a really strange error....

jrd578.png

UPDATE2:

I was able to insert all the other SQLs except for item_db2_re.sql ? I assumed most likely reason is the tutorial being outdated and db2 being put into db?

Okay so I edited all the conf files the same way I would to a computer but set it to the server's info... or at least I think so?

Getting this error on athena-start

nywp5y.png

UPDATE3:

So I changed the inter-server.conf to point DIRECTLY to my server's ip address instead of letting it run as localhost, I think that did some good on it's side but still getting same error for login-server.

rk0h2s.png

Also want to point out that in login-server.conf I don't have it aimed at that IP or Port... so yea, really confused haha

NOTE PAST THIS UPDATE I HAVE PLACED "//" back before the bind.

2uf3kg5.png

UPDATE4:

Found out my mistake in directing where to connect the login server was from forgetting to change it in char-server.conf, did that. Started up athena. Ended up getting a packet error?

104hl03.png

UPDATE5:

I attempted to launch the login-server by itself to see if I could get anything....

| | | |                   | |               | |_| | ___ _ __ ___ _   _| | ___  ___               |  _  |/ _  '__/ __| | | | |/ _ / __|               | | | |  __/ | | (__| |_| | |  __/__                _| |_/___|_|  ___|__,_|_|___||___/                    http://herc.ws/board/[Info]: Hercules 64-bit for Linux[Info]: Git revision (src): '6b57cb1d876dae9952932bb27759561daefbc938'[Info]: Git revision (scripts): '6b57cb1d876dae9952932bb27759561daefbc938'[Info]: OS version: 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.6 (wheezy) [x86_64]'[Info]: CPU: 'Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz [4]'[Info]: Compiled with GCC v4.7.2[Info]: Compile Flags: -g -O2 -pipe -ffast-math -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare                                            -flto -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-clobbered -Wempty-body                                            -Wno-switch -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-format-security -Wno-format-no                                           nliteral -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DMAXCONN=16384 -I../common -DHAS_TLS -DHAVE                                           _SETRLIMIT -DHAVE_STRNLEN -I/usr/include -DHAVE_MONOTONIC_CLOCK[Info]: Server supports up to '1024' concurrent connections.[Error]: Configuration file (start) not found.[SQL]: Access denied for user 'ragnarok'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[Debug]: at loginlog_sql.c:116$

That's kinda weird... because the sql isn't at "ragnarok"... nor is that the user I put into the configuration files.

I don't know what I changed back lol... but I no longer get the 0x0050 packet error, although I'm getting the #5 socket error.

Edited by SkyTech6

That's kinda weird... because the sql isn't at "ragnarok"... nor is that the user I put into the configuration files.
Check conf/inter-server.conf (IT contains all information regarding MySQL) probably you have not set correct settings there.

can you share a shell or needs for setting up debian OS because i only know only CentOS i want  to try debian too so i can test which is better for RO game server thank you :D

like for example autoinstall.sh?