eKoh

how do i activate the target function?

Question

well, i want to make some quests and i want to add this function of "target" like the following picture:

nl6cr4.jpg

is this possible? if it does, how?

11 answers to this question

yay, it finally works! thankz @Dastgir

a3fl0w.jpg

code:

-	script	Test	-1,{	mes "Please talk to <NAVI>[Tool Shop]<INFO>poring_gnd,101,82,0,000,0</INFO></NAVI>, she will teach you ^FF0000How to use items!^000000";	close;}poring_gnd,83,88,5	duplicate(Test)	Test#1	117

what i had to do is to go to lua files514>lua files>navigation>navi_mob_krpri.lub

69fgat.jpg

then i had to add my map, with the following instructions:

2vvvxfk.jpg

Edited by eKoh

mes "go to <NAVI>[Hat Maker]<INFO>izlude,131,148,</INFO></NAVI> to make hats";

hello, thank you a lot for the reply, but sadly it is not working for me, i dont know why, i've researched on script_command.txt

and i find this:

Navigation----------For clients dated 2011-10-10aRagexe onwards, you can generate navigation linksusing HTML-like labels:    <NAVI>Display Name<INFO>mapname,x,y,0,000,flag</INFO></NAVI>The "flag" parameter can be: 0: Do not open Navigation Window (default). 1: Open Navigation Window.The example below will make the [Tool Shop] text clickable and begin navigationto alberta (98,154) when clicked.    mes "Have you checked out the <NAVI>[Tool Shop]<INFO>alberta,98,154,0,000,0</INFO></NAVI>?";

i've tried to use it like it says but, it just does not work., this is my code

mes "Please talk to <NAVI>[ToolShop]<INFO>poring_gnd,98,154,0,000,0</INFO></NAVI>,she will teach you ^FF0000How to use items!^000000";

when i click on [Tool Shop] nothing happens:

1z70ac2.jpg

is this working for you?

haha, i wish i could stay awake and solve it by myself but i #feellikeazombie =/

P.S. I am using a 2013-08-07 client

Edited by eKoh

have you tried my example without editing it? xd

haha, it's just that i use to use the default settings and test if it works first.

i have only modified the mapname, x, y (which are the important things) but it does not work

Try the following:

mes "Please talk to <NAVI>[Tool Shop]<INFO>poring_gnd,98,154,</INFO></NAVI>, she will teach you ^FF0000How to use items!^000000";

If poring_gnd is not on navigation map lua files(sry, I forgot lua name and currently on mobile), then the navigation would not be shown on that map. (I remember someone asking same problem but with new-1_1 map, and problem was, it was not indexed in navigation lua file).

If poring_gnd is not on navigation map lua files(sry, I forgot lua name and currently on mobile), then the navigation would not be shown on that map. (I remember someone asking same problem but with new-1_1 map, and problem was, it was not indexed in navigation lua file).

I've tried it on prontera and it worked.

21bptls.jpg

sorry for the super prontera edting lol

i am going to see my lua files, if i get it working, i'll post the changes i had to do

when i reach the "goal" i get this message:

260vfr5.jpg

any idea how to specify the target goals?

atm, i've changed the data>msgstringtable.txt and changed the "Please specify..." to "You have reached your destination!", just in case somebody has the same problem

Edited by eKoh

I think you can do that by attaching it with the attachrid script command, but since navigation control is only available through mes to the best of my knowledge, you would still have to use mes on the character.