Zirius

20120410 Client crashes when playing .rrf replays

Question

So, recording works fine. I already added -Replay to my client command line, and it loads perfectly, but when played my client crashes. What file am I missing? what am I missing?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

There may be crash due to some file not found(or using different grf which does not have that specific view ids or maps)

There may be crash due to some file not found(or using different grf which does not have that specific view ids or maps)

Bro, I tried considering that. But isn't the error should already be reproduced not only on replay client but also on main client? Anyways, pretty sure the clients load the view IDs I am using already (no custom map). The crash only occurs exactly the same time I click the "Play" button. :(

Can you give us some details of the errors? What does it say when the error appears? Use Ctrl + C when it pops up and paste it. Also, anything recorded is only compatible with that client and newer.

Make sure your server is compiled to use the correct PACKETVER in the mmo.h file and that your clientinfo.xml file has the correct version set for the packet set. I know very little about replays since ive never used or tried it before.

Make sure your server is compiled to use the correct PACKETVER in the mmo.h file and that your clientinfo.xml file has the correct version set for the packet set. I know very little about replays since ive never used or tried it before.

Replay don't connect to server.

Replay records all activity and saves them, so if you warp to custom map, replay tends to find that map in grf, and loads it, if not found, error. Same applies with custom item/mob, and we cannot tell anything without any logs.

Make sure that you run replay from -Replay tag in your RO CLIENT.

Replay don't connect to server.

Replay records all activity and saves them, so if you warp to custom map, replay tends to find that map in grf, and loads it, if not found, error. Same applies with custom item/mob, and we cannot tell anything without any logs.

Make sure that you run replay from -Replay tag in your RO CLIENT.

Yes, I am using my own client on -Replay

But still having that error. :(

Can you give us some details of the errors? What does it say when the error appears? Use Ctrl + C when it pops up and paste it. Also, anything recorded is only compatible with that client and newer.
So we can accurately tell what's problem

So we can accurately tell what's problem

There no error dumper in my client. The client suddenly "YouRO.exe has stopped working" No dump. :( Nothing to copy.

This is an old topic but this is also a problem of mine. I can play replays via normal character but not replays made by GM characters (hidden or not). 

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: ***RO.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 52005391
  Fault Module Name: ***RO.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 52005391
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00114d9d
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt