Sign in to follow this  
Aeromesi

Questions using git to update

Question

So for a while when I use a git pull on my hercules it would update to the latest revision. But now since ive been tampering with almost everything (mmo.h, script.c, atcommand.c and a couple others) now its tellingme to commit my changes. So I go to the files with a red mark on them, right click and commit changes then Iit turns green. As I proceed to git pull Iit updates but it overlaps the code I put in and totally messes my hercules up, meaning I cant compile. Is there anyway to stash my edits to the side, then update and reapply all my edits/additions? I have to keep gitting a new hercules and reapply everything... and im afraid at one point I will forget about something and it could break my server. How do I go about this with git?

1 answer to this question

So for a while when I use a git pull on my hercules it would update to the latest revision. But now since ive been tampering with almost everything (mmo.h, script.c, atcommand.c and a couple others) now its tellingme to commit my changes. So I go to the files with a red mark on them, right click and commit changes then Iit turns green. As I proceed to git pull Iit updates but it overlaps the code I put in and totally messes my hercules up, meaning I cant compile. Is there anyway to stash my edits to the side, then update and reapply all my edits/additions? I have to keep gitting a new hercules and reapply everything... and im afraid at one point I will forget about something and it could break my server. How do I go about this with git?

Yes. when you want to pull you need to, you need to save to stash your modification first by:

• Right Click at the folder>TortoiseGit>Stash Save>'<stash message>' --all>ok
  • Update your Git.
  • to recover you just load it: RIght Click at the folder>TortoiseGit>Stash Pop 'it will apply your latest stash you save'

I hope it helps.

for better understanding you can view info:

rrk2yp.jpg

Source:tortoiseGit/help