Garr

map loading issues

Question

Okay, I'm all out of options I can think of with the client side of this game.

I've chosen 2012-04-10 client, list of patches from NEMO:

2 Chat Flood Allow8 Custom Window Title9 Disable 1rag1 type parameters (Recommended)10 Disable 4 Letter UserCharacter Limit11 Disable 4 Letter UserID Limit12 Disable 4 Letter UserPassword Limit13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)14 Disable Hallucination Wavy Screen (Recommended)15 Disable HShield (Recommended)16 Disable Swear Filter17 Enable Official Custom Fonts19 Enable Title Bar Menu20 Extend Chat Box21 Extend Chat Room Box22 Extend PM Box24 Fix Camera Angles (Recommended)30 Increase Zoom Out 50%34 Enable /showname (Recommended)35 Read Data Folder First36 Read msgstringtable.txt (Recommended)37 Read questid2display.txt (Recommended)38 Remove Gravity Ads (Recommended)39 Remove Gravity Logo (Recommended)40 Restore Login Window (Recommended)41 Disable Nagle Algorithm (Recommended)44 Translate Client (Recommended)46 Use Normal Guild Brackets47 Use Ragnarok Icon48 Use Plain Text Descriptions (Recommended)49 Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)50 Skip License Screen53 Use Ascii on All Langtypes (Recommended)64 @ Bug Fix (Recommended)68 Enable 64k Hairstyle73 Remove Hourly Announce (Recommended)74 Increase Screenshot Quality205 Enable Monster tables75 Enable Flag Emoticons84 Remove Serial Display (Recommended)88 Allow space in guild name90 Enable DNS Support (Recommended)92 Packet First Key Encryption93 Packet Second Key Encryption94 Packet Third Key Encryption96 Remove GM Sprites97 Cancel to Login Window (Recommended)100 Disable Multiple Windows102 Fix Tetra Vortex

+ patch from ShinsDiffPatcher for increased Headgear ViewIDs (One in nemo doesn't work, makes the client crash).

Anyway, the issue itself is that it seems I'm always getting the official maps loaded no matter what I have in the order of grfs in DATA.INI. I have official Izlude, official starting point, and, what's worse, official latest prontera which crashes the client.

The thing is, the client DOES read the maps and files from the custom GRFs (I can warp to custom maps just fine), as well as textures are read from the custom GRFs before the offical ones. But not official maps themselves. They stay official no matter what I do. Any chance for help out there? I'd remove them from data.grf, but that'd be the last option I'd want to rely on.

Edited by Garr

4 answers to this question

@Dastgir

1) Yes, client reads data.ini and custom grf since the textures are applied.

2) My GRF comes as #1, data and rdata are #3 and 4 respectively.

3) Maps are normal, I checked the overview from GRF editor, and all 3 files are there. Grf from already existing older client is used to check, so there's no problem with the maps themselves.

ETA: Okay, the idea of using only Shin's Diff Patcher worked, now all the maps are shown how they are supposed to be. So the problem was in NEMO patcher/some patch somewhere. All the same patches applied via Shin'sDiffPatcher and it works as it should now. Thank you all ^_^

Edited by Garr

Thanks, but after considering for quite a while I stopped on 2012-04-10, and I'd like to stick to this choice for the time being.

Bump.

If the maps are not in the data/rdata.grf it reads the map from th custom grfs, so is there something that makes off maps themselves go higher on the client than the custom ones? May that be the fault of the patcher?

Thanks, but after considering for quite a while I stopped on 2012-04-10, and I'd like to stick to this choice for the time being.

Bump.

If the maps are not in the data/rdata.grf it reads the map from th custom grfs, so is there something that makes off maps themselves go higher on the client than the custom ones? May that be the fault of the patcher?

It wouldn't matter, if it happens on 2012 client, it would happen on 2014 too..(I mean to say its not client problem)

The problem might be either on grf or the files(or maybe a patch)

Few things to ensure on

1) your client reads data.ini(and not custom named .ini, else check that file)

2) your custom grf which have maps is loaded before any other grf

3) maps have 3 files with extension .gnd .rsw and .gat, make sure you have all 3

4) case sensitivity should be taken care of (Prontera and prontera are NOT same)

5) (give screenshot or grf opened in which you have your maps which are not loaded By client, maybe we get a hint to answer from there??)

6) extract those maps and check with browedit if those are the correct maps and you probably haven't replaced them with official ones.