evilpuncker

Current old server problems?!

We all know that with the time, every server got some problems like: lack of new content, inflation, etc. So I thought about making a list of problems that appear with the time so we can work on something to deal with them :)

my input for now is:

- too much zeny (inflation)

- too many rares obtained

feel free to contribute with your own knowledge :)

The main thing is lack of ideas and promising people to make a good server. Half the community of Server Owners are people who download FluxCP git/Hercules or other emulator packages, slap it on a host and upload a client and call it a "server" when they actually have no idea what they're really doing, or their true intentions for the server besides the Donations page is loaded with customs from other servers. Ideas and promising people is what RO needs.

Lack of interest of players.

Lack of new quests.

Lack of storylines.

Lack of ideas that make player busy.

Maybe cus i've been around in emulation for long time,

playing in PS isn't amusing anymore for me...

can't give much oppinions...

- too much zeny (inflation) :)

I have script (Capitalism System) and source mod.

Which controls the price of consumables based on several factors, such as flow zenys, supply and demand for consumable items.

if demand is currently very high, it is increasing the price of the object based on 5%.

Otherwise, it reduces the object's base price 3%.

The base price is controlled depending on the flow of current zenys on the server.

Hey,

General thoughts is to lower the drop rate of high sold zeny items like witherless rose or keep it 1x or either lower the prices.

- too much zeny (inflation) :)

I have script (Capitalism System) and source mod.

Which controls the price of consumables based on several factors, such as flow zenys, supply and demand for consumable items.

if demand is currently very high, it is increasing the price of the object based on 5%.
Otherwise, it reduces the object's base price 3%.

The base price is controlled depending on the flow of current zenys on the server.

good idea!

I was thinking about a variable tax system either ruled by the gms, an automated logic or the guilds holding certain castles.

For story: Probably there is a central bank in Prontera and it's ruled by the rich people ( guild owning pron cas ), who are able to change taxes.

Maybe we could think about this even more, because I think this is a really good approach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second approach could be something like monster depending on their level drop bronze-, silver- or goldcoins on a lower rate, that can be vended.

So you shift the currency from zeny to these coins.

Usages for these coins should be attractive like:

-upgrade w/o destroying the item just lowering the upgrade on failure.

-stat/skill reset

-guild leader transfer

-custom headgears

Yours

Noil

Edited by Noil