Host32

Create restrictions to equip cards

Question

Hello guys!

Im doing some tests with strategic elements and like to create some restrictions to equip cards and dont know if is possible...

The first thing is make possible to a card occupy 2 slots, for eg, a specific OP card occupies 2 slots when a common card occupies only 1.

The second thing is limit some cards to an specific subtype of item, for eg, a type of card specific for daggers, another type specific for axes and etc.

What you guys suggest me? I'll need a plugin or it's possible in a script?

Thanks in advance :)

12 answers to this question

@@Host32

If the type thing is only for weapons you could check if the equip is a weapon with getiteminfo( .@equipmentId, 2 ), if its 4 its a weapon and to get the weapon type you can use getiteminfo( .@equipmentId, 14 ) that will return the view id of the item, but for weapons it determines what type they are. You can read that up here: http://herc.ws/wiki/Custom_Items

Formatting here messes to much with that script, take a look here: http://pastebin.com/QR88u3Ss

Edited by Winterfox

I experimented with that a bit it is possible to do the first part in a script. Might be buggy though, didn't really test it but it should be able to do what you want. Even though i think performance wise it will be too taxing to be really of use in a live environment. I still think a plugin will do a lot better. The second one would be also possible but i lost the motivation too put in more work atm. It also would add even more layers of performance eaters. But maybe you can use it as prototype to test the idea out or something.

-	script	CARD_CHECK	-1,{	OnInit:		// Card ID		setarray .@cardIds$, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6;		.@cardIdPattern$ = implode( .@cardIds$, ":" );				while( sleep( 5000 ) ) {			.@resCount = query_sql( "SELECT `account_id` FROM `char` WHERE online = 1", .@accountIds );			for( .@i = 0; .@i < .@resCount; .@i++ ) {				if( attachrid( .@accountIds[ .@i ] ) ) {					for( .@y = 1; .@y < 20; .@y++ ) {						if( getequipisequiped( .@y ) ) {							.@equipmentId = getequipid( .@y );							.@eqSlotSpace = getitemslots( .@equipmentId );							.@eqOccupiedSlots = getequipcardcnt( .@y );							.@eqInfoCards$[ 0 ] = getequipcardid( .@y, 0 );							.@eqInfoCards$[ 1 ] = getequipcardid( .@y, 1 );							.@eqInfoCards$[ 2 ] = getequipcardid( .@y, 2 );							.@eqInfoCards$[ 3 ] = getequipcardid( .@y, 3 );						}												for( .@x = 0; .@x < 4; .@x++ ) {							if( compare( .@cardIdPattern$, .@eqInfoCards$[ .@x ] ) )								.@eqOccupiedSlots += 1;						}												if( ( .@eqSlotSpace - .@eqOccupiedSlots ) > 0 ) {							successremovecards .@y;							dispbottom "You tried to add more cards to " + getequipname( .@y ) + " as allowed.";								}					}				}			}		}	end;}

@@Winterfox you're really awesome :D

About the script, it really seems to me a great Hack, in Brazil we call it 'gambiarra' :P But I think good for some initial tests

I was trying to use the item script to validate the card, but your idea worked better hehe

On the second topic, there is a way to get the subtype of the item or I really need to create some arrays in the script and manually tell what is a sword or a dagger?

Thanks

@@Host32

If the type thing is only for weapons you could check if the equip is a weapon with getiteminfo( .@equipmentId, 2 ), if its 4 its a weapon and to get the weapon type you can use getiteminfo( .@equipmentId, 14 ) that will return the view id of the item, but for weapons it determines what type they are. You can read that up here: http://herc.ws/wiki/Custom_Items

Formatting here messes to much with that script, take a look here: http://pastebin.com/TqfhE9vn

What does the purpose of this creating a restriction? i'm bit confuse of this request.

@Vlync 

experiments :)

I am testing some different ideas of gameplay...

Edited by Host32

@@Winterfox

You forgot to clear .@accountIds array at next iteration.

Also this would not be suitable for large server, attaching and detaching 100's of players would take much processing.

@@Winterfox

You forgot to clear .@accountIds array at next iteration.

Also this would not be suitable for large server, attaching and detaching 100's of players would take much processing.

@@Dastgir

Both points might be true, that is why i said in the second post i did:

I experimented with that a bit it is possible to do the first part in a script. Might be buggy though, didn't really test it but it should be able to do what you want. Even though i think performance wise it will be too taxing to be really of use in a live environment.

But thanks for reminding me to reset that variable. I tend to forget the weird behaviour of not resetting a array completly but to just update as far as the values go when used in functions.

Edited by Winterfox

now I see how best is to create a plugin for it, however, it was cheaper to write a script for my tests :P

what I'm really testing are some changes in gameplay, a kind of prototype, if it really look good I make a plugin :)
Edited by Host32

You can check for hook functions pc->can_insert_card and pc->can_insert_card_into.

First check is card can be used by itself, second check if this card can be inserted to this item