Sign in to follow this  
glemor123

adding map using plugin

Question

4 answers to this question

What do you mean "source code" ?

I think adding a custom map just edit "db" and it's very simple with tool existing in Hercules (Ex: Wee mapcache)

Making modifications to cache and index maps is easy. Use Shin's WeeMapCache to add new GATs to your cache in db/pre-re/map_cache.dat or db/re/map_cache.dat. You'll also need to add the map name in db/map_index.txt and conf/maps.conf, but that's about as much "source" modification you'd need to make. If you're concerned with the need to recompile, it really isn't a hassle if you only compile the map cache; similarly, you would have to do a similar process and compile your plugin anyway for it to work, which would likely end up being more time-consuming than necessary.

To compile only the map cache (on Linux), run these commands from your server's root folder:

./configuremake tools

...and that's it! For MSVC builds, you'll need to recompile the mapcache project, which is just a matter of right-clicking and choosing Compile.

Bottom line is, having a plugin-based method to update the map cache and index would be less efficient than simply adding them manually.

What do you mean "source code" ?

I think adding a custom map just edit "db" and it's very simple with tool existing in Hercules (Ex: Wee mapcache)

i mean adding @go command