MikZ

char server connection lost

Question

Hello hercules, 
uhmm this is my test server so i use different port. and i use client 20130807 that was diffted by other

2 server in 1 IP this second server i used

login_port: 7900

char_port: 7121

map_port: 7121

when starting it work fine . but i cant connect to server. failed to connect. and 
i got this error (check image)|

Please help me. thank you

post-8544-0-10439500-1429107657_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

If you're using an old client from rathena, you probably diffed it with 'disable packet encryption' and on server side you enabled the 'packet obfuscation'.

Try to use Nemo - Client Patcher to diff your client :)

Look for your client version at src/map/packets.h and diff your client packetkeys with the same packetkeys on packets.h

@@Lord Ganja: uhmmm i dont know, its from my old server and i use that client with rathena. its my first time to use hercules.. also practicing about diffting client. hahaha. thanks for bringing packet obfuscation. cuz for the mean time im having problem in diffting the client i can't log in. thats why i tried to use the old one. and it work. after 5 mins i was able to log in and play..

@@Garr: hmmm. it went well. was able to log in though i got those error about packets.. :) but you got some point there. ill go change port on map.. hehehe.. didn't notice it.

Edited by krad

@@Lord Ganja: Thanks much and just additional question, what are custom packetkeys does that means i can make my own alphanumeric on packetkeys?

Yup, some clients have broken packetKeys(which do not serve the purpose of protecting), you can check the Packet Keys here: http://www.robrowser.com/prototype/packet-keys/

(It should be Hexadecimal)

Yes you can make your own custom packetkeys. However as @@Dastgir said, it shouldn't be a broken packetkey.

You can try to use nkwz RO Toolkit to generate your own custom packet keys. but I don't know if hercules accepts packetkeys higher than 0x7FFFFFFF. coz rA only accepts 0x7FFFFFFF for maximum key value.

Anyway if some problem occur regarding the packetkeys, you can just generate another custom packetkey until you got a working one.

You can thank me by clicking rep_up.png   :gawi:  :gawi: 

@Dastgir: uhmmm sorry I did not quit understand it. im using this (see image) & its broken , what does test it do?
this are the Hex i tried:
0x7R7112D6, 0x5D78E987, 0x3C65G865 says it passed but i don't know which client . does this mean it is compatible to all 20130807?

20130807 0x7E241DE0 0x5E805580 0x3D807D80 BROKEN (4)

@@Lord Ganja:  well does this means i need to guess? or try and try to generate until i get the working one? but in THIS guide 20130807 is not included on functional clients. does this mean it'll be useless?
hmmm.. Oh, sorry . i though marking it as solved will do. /no1

Edited by krad

@Dastgir: uhmmm sorry I did not quit understand it. im using this (see image) & its broken , what does test it do?

this are the Hex i tried:

0x7R7112D6, 0x5D78E987, 0x3C65G865 says it passed but i don't know which client . does this mean it is compatible to all 20130807?

20130807 0x7E241DE0 0x5E805580 0x3D807D80 BROKEN (4)

@@Lord Ganja:  well does this means i need to guess? or try and try to generate until i get the working one? but in THIS guide 20130807 is not included on functional clients. does this mean it'll be useless?

hmmm.. Oh, sorry . i though marking it as solved will do. /no1

If it says 'passed', you can use it and try if it works..

AFAIK it also supports 20130807 clients.

and if you think you already set all things correctly but errors occured like [info]: clif_parse: Disconnecting session #3 with unknown packet version (p:0x464d,l:19).

try to generate another key..

just make sure that you

always replace the packetkeys 1st to 3rd in packets.h with your new packetkeys

always diff your client with your new packetkeys

and also don't forget to recompile.