all right, I post up my custom stylist

Download: 2.1
script

this one use CSV format

setd ".@"+ Job_Rune_Knight +"_"+ LOOK_CLOTHES_COLOR +"$[1]", "0-5,11-18,20-23";
    setd ".@"+ Job_Summoner +"_"+ LOOK_CLOTHES_COLOR +"$[0]", "0-3";

This means, the ID range for Job_Rune_Knight at bodystyle number (1) is 0,1,2,3,4,5,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23
2nd line means Summoner job can only use clothing range between 0 to 3, this prevent crash client due to human and doram race doesn't share the same palette

From version 2.0 onwards, now you don't have to scratch your head about missing palette due to different bodystyle

this script can handle that

Spoiler

1.0 - script
- there is a bug on Euphy's stylist npc, the style number should start with 0, but his script always start with 1
- and the naming sense very bad, .@style and .@styles, should be avoided

1.1 - script
- allow blacklist certain styles

1.2 - script
- change from blacklist into CSV format, this one is understood by many

1.3 - script
- add Job_Summoner, to prevent client crash from invalid cloth color

1.4 - script
- add 3rd job body style change

1.5 - script
- fix a bug if the player start with style number 510, the server throw you infinite loop error

1.6 - script
- now the styles display number no longer shown to other players

1.7 - script

- add reverse_order to swap Next/Previous order

- now players don't have to go to flux cp every time to reset their look when client crash, since this script uses changelook instead of setlook now

2.0 - script

- completely revamp the formula, now each bodystyle can have its own cloth color range

2.1 - script

- fix a bug that player recall can bypass changelook

Edited by AnnieRuru

1.5 - script
- fix a bug if the player start with style number 510, the server throw you infinite loop error
thanks to @clive for reporting !

and nope, rathena version which use inarray script command doesn't seem to be affected ...
wtf why this PR not yet merge .... grrr .....

1.6 - script
- now the styles display number no longer shown to other players

On 4/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, monchee said:

Perfect! Just when I just recently made a server. Do I just add to the custom npc scripts and then enable?

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/wiki/Adding-a-Script#adding-and-activating-scripts

[Error]: script error in file 'stylist.txt' line 23 column 26 
    parse_line: need ';' 
    20:         .@lookpart = .@part = .look[.@choose]; 
    21:         if ( BaseClass == Job_Summoner ) 
    22:                 .@part += Job_Summoner; 
*   23:         .@revert = .@i = inarray( getd(".list"+ .@part), getlook( .@lookpart ) ); 
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ 
    24:         while ( true ) { 
    25:                 setlook .@lookpart, getd(".list"+ .@part +"["+ .@i +"]"); 
    26:                 showscript "This is style #"+ getd(".list"+ .@part +"["+ .@i +"]") +".", getcharid(3), SELF; 

Git revision (src): '52abec06442607fca319a8309d26674871b25b53'

hey @AnnieRuru this is a nice script, the most complete one that I found, I have only one question and a few suggestions if you plan to do any update to it:

question:

- how do I change the class check so I could show the body style menu to a few more classes (soul linker and star gladiator)

suggestions:

- add a setting to block cloth color change if you have a body style > than 0 (people using custom palettes will love this because body style palette is different than current one)

- make the npc change the color only if the user chose option: "I want this color", otherwise just make it show the colors but if user close the npc or exit, revert to original color

- arrange the menu dynamically so if I select the Previous option, it will become the first menu option so I can browse the colors backward easily, until I select Next again

not so useful suggestion, but kinda a dream:

- option to save/load style set (cloth, hair color and hair style), just like those npc that save builds, saving them with an account variable so for example you could save a style that you liked and then instead of having to browse between everything again in another char, you just talk with npc and load that same style you saved before

*1 month later*

ok let's see

On 9/18/2020 at 4:48 PM, evilpuncker said:

question:

- how do I change the class check so I could show the body style menu to a few more classes (soul linker and star gladiator) 

already done here, also I tried in my test server, my hexed client doesn't have additional body style support for soul linker etc ...
so its your custom stuffs

- add a setting to block cloth color change if you have a body style > than 0 (people using custom palettes will love this because body style palette is different than current one)

each body style has its own array ? its own CSV style string again ?

..... you dummy baka baka baka baka baka

- make the npc change the color only if the user chose option: "I want this color", otherwise just make it show the colors but if user close the npc or exit, revert to original color

use *changelook instead of *setlook

- arrange the menu dynamically so if I select the Previous option, it will become the first menu option so I can browse the colors backward easily, until I select Next again

add .@reverse_order variable

1.7 - script

- add reverse_order to swap Next/Previous order

- now players don't have to go to flux cp every time to reset their look when client crash, since this script uses changelook instead of setlook now

not so useful suggestion, but kinda a dream:

- option to save/load style set (cloth, hair color and hair style), just like those npc that save builds, saving them with an account variable so for example you could save a style that you liked and then instead of having to browse between everything again in another char, you just talk with npc and load that same style you saved before 

.... account ?

if I have a 3rd job, save this built, apply to summoner job,
BAM client crash

nice idea but isn't very practical to have ....

for example Rushia changed her hair color from Green to Pink ... I can't recognize her for awhile

and all the fan art about her has green color hair =/

she try to change her look but what she did was smack her own fan art

EDIT: I think can make this possible JUST don't give save/load option for doram class ...

Edited by AnnieRuru

https://rathena.org/board/topic/126230-help-stylist-restriction-bodystyle-2/?do=findComment&comment=387404

@evilpuncker do you have same problem as him ?

so you guys make a new custom body style for that job but don't have enough cloth color to match it ?

where can I download those things then ?

On 10/16/2020 at 3:31 AM, AnnieRuru said:

so you guys make a new custom body style for that job but don't have enough cloth color to match it ?

where can I download those things then ?

I didn't made a custom one, I just copied the soul reaper and star gladiator new jobs to the costume folder to make my players be able to change into them until hercules implement them (I can dream, right? 😀)

5xNE65U.png

that is why I asked that time to make the body style option show for them too

(my body palette issue I explained here)

2.0 - script

- completely revamp the formula, now each bodystyle can have its own cloth color range

and you dummy baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka

On 10/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, AnnieRuru said:

2.0 - script

and you dummy baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka baka

WOW, just WOW 😮 this is splendid!!!