Brynner

harmony users that are using latest version.

Question

does anyone already know how to remove this warning?

srcmapharmony.c(225): warning C4013: 'chrif_harmony_request' undefined; assuming extern returning int

this is the affected line.

chrif_harmony_request((uint8*)data, id);

thanks in advance.

40 answers to this question

you'd have to convert to hercules format for 2 files i think, but not sure

chrif.h

int (*harmony_request) (uint8 *dat, size_t dat_size);

chrif->harmony_request maybe

the warning become error.

1  error C2039: 'harmony_request' : is not a member of 'chrif_interface'   srcmapharmony.c  225  1  map-server

2  IntelliSense: class "chrif_interface" has no member "harmony_request"   srcmapharmony.c  225  10  map-server

possibilities:

function is not define in .h files

function has a return type but no possible return value

function is not define in the .c file if its an static function

function has a return type that is not compatible to the function data type

function's parameter doesn't match with the definition 

IMO..:D

:meow:

possibilities:

IMO.. :D

damn you

i was going to reply

anyway

He's right

:|

// No new line :|

possibilities:

IMO.. :D

thanks for the explantion.

is 

placed in the right area?

thank. it works.

i need to edit the harmony.c

from

chrif_harmony_request((uint8*)data, id);

to

chrif->harmony_request((uint8*)data, id);

and edit the chrif.h

just look into the harmony forum ,  thers allready a patch 

who made the patch? Matias?

yes ,and this patch works

Last two versions harmony have a lot of bugs, and problems:

• fps bug
  • liknz & other software for ndl and complete autopots + clicker + ndl + other effects in one soft work fine.
  • harmony do not block memory reading, and injection
  • harmony only read latest signatures of cheat software.
  • harmony owner wont fix FPS (decrease when a lot of players at same screen) bug, and other problems.
  • harmony owner do not support fastly, he just answer after 1-2 weeks.

That why i think harmony is bad product to protect server.

But there is no alternative way to block cheat software.

How work harmony?

• it's check hash-sums of files in hdata.grf to "protect" against ndl. But new ways in nodelay based on sprite freezing.
  • It's check hash-sums of .exe, it's not helpful.
  • It's know already about some software (by signatures) but they do not want to protect memory addresses against read/write ways.
  • Harmony has tunnel where transfer data is encrypted by AES (blue fish) algoritm. But this way is not good against new cheat scene. Where openkore by some people with some perl modules can bypass this method and connect to the server.
  • Harmony check hash-sum for each software what they know....

Sorry guys, SIrius can say another version, but i say true. It's not good protection. You pay for brand, not for protection engine. Harmony was good at 2009-10;

For this time is most suckest anticheat engine what i ever seen before.

What to do?

- Wait for good developers like Magnum Anticheat and use their protection.

Protection must:

- Revers engeniereng most dangerous (good) cheat software and understand how it work.

- They must block API calls to memory.

- They must check everytime all files in game to detect modification.

- They must HIDE without threads, pids protected Ragnarok.exe;

- They must make own virtual keyboard what block whole WINAPI (SendKey('Button');) and allow only processrunned virtual button.

- They must ask to help increase their protection "level" at professional cheaters. Romedic, ahk, ROPS it's trivial things.

- Protection must be CHEAP.

- Cheap & good protection = many clients, many money, ro ALIVE.

The patch had an issue with a newline @ chrif.h, which was making it not apply the patch.

You should always run "git apply --check patch-name.patch" to check wether the patch works or not (and avoid breaking your installation)

@ neqste

Everyone can have diffrent opinions regarding what a good protection is, if Harmony works for someone, then its good by all means.

So far the few cases I've had of bypass have been quickly patched, there is no protection that works 100% since new ways of bypassing are always being created. What matters is how responsive the developer behind the project is. While Sirius has on the most part always replied quickly to bypasses and support requests (Except a few ocassions where he has gone out of town or focused on his studies), I dont think there is much to complain about :P

@Xgear i don't use the patch since it is not compatible on the latest version. my source that i'm using is working but there is a warning issue upon on compiling the server.

The patch had an issue with a newline @ chrif.h, which was making it not apply the patch.

You should always run "git apply --check patch-name.patch" to check wether the patch works or not (and avoid breaking your installation)

@ neqste

Everyone can have diffrent opinions regarding what a good protection is, if Harmony works for someone, then its good by all means.

So far the few cases I've had of bypass have been quickly patched, there is no protection that works 100% since new ways of bypassing are always being created. What matters is how responsive the developer behind the project is. While Sirius has on the most part always replied quickly to bypasses and support requests (Except a few ocassions where he has gone out of town or focused on his studies), I dont think there is much to complain about :P

I'm not talking about the ideal variant. Harmony protection is outdated. It's cannot help against trivial things. 200$ for nothing. I hope, Sirius notice that. He must rethink harmony protection, and understand main, there no more romedics, there need protect whole memory! Do not need to block some versions of program. Need to make global protection with memory virtualization & encryption. 

Romedic, autohotkey it's very easy software. But ro cheat scene is larger then this cheats. Much larger (i know already more than 10 applications what maded for ragnarok online, and all of them read/write to the same memory addresses);

Edited by neqste

@neqste Well, I agree Harmony is quite outdated and the other post was kinda ontopic but please, avoid deviating the original topic purpose.

@bgamez23, did you solve your problem? I think Harmony community would help you better address this issue anyways since here in Hercules we don't have its source code, but will be glad on helping as much as we can on it.

as of now the warning still there. when i try to fix it using the fix here.the compiling problem was remove. but when you try to run the server. the map server crashed after reading all files.

bgamez, I'd suggest you use the patch on Harmony forums, the latest version shouldnt matter much, since it only gets updated once there is an interface update that affects harmony (If trade interface is updated, the patch wont be updated since trade has nothing to do with Harmony). 

(Patch was updated yesterday due to an issue with chrif.h, was minor and the revision still applies)

Edited by Xgear

bgamez, I'd suggest you use the patch on Harmony forums, the latest version shouldnt matter much, since it only gets updated once there is an interface update that affects harmony (If trade interface is updated, the patch wont be updated since trade has nothing to do with Harmony). 

(Patch was updated yesterday due to an issue with chrif.h, was minor and the revision still applies)

the patch doesn't work.it gave me MAX_SkILL_TREE error?